The Nissan LEAF Earns Bronze at the 2011 Edison Awards
The Edison Award is named after Thomas Alva Edison. These awards are among the most highly-acclaimed, prestigious awards an automaker can earn. They're a tribute to the continuous pursuit of excellence and inspiration to drive America to the forefront of innovation, creativity, ingenuity, and global mobility. Needless to say, we're very proud to report that this year, Nissan earned a Bronze Edison Award, for its cutting-edge LEAF EV, within the Personal Transportation segment.
Nisan LEAF Fast Facts
- Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV)
- 100 percent electric - no gas required
- Highly responsive 80 kW AC synchronous electric motor
- Range per Charge: 100 miles
- Top Speed: 90 mph- Seats five
- Complementary Accessories: 3.3 kW onboard charger, 120 V portable trickle charging cable, 240 V home charging dock
- Available kW DC fast charging port
The Nissan LEAF comes in two different trims: the SV and the SL. The SV comes standard with a navigation system, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, cruise control, regenerative braking system, and 16" alloy wheels. The SL is the same as the SV trim, but gains a solar panel rear spoiler, rearview monitor, cargo cover, fog lamps, auto on/off headlights, and HomeLink universal transceiver.
If you're interested to learn more about the award-winning Nissan LEAF, please contact Royal Nissan today. Conveniently located at 9325 Airline Hwy. Baton Rouge, LA 70815, we're more than happy to share the EV's complete specs, compare cars, and place a reservation. Can you imagine never having to go to the gas station again? Come visit us today!